Job Vacancy Infrastructure Engineer
Job Vacancy Details
Job Title: Infrastructure Engineer
Reporting To: Infrastructure and Security Manager
Department: Infrastructure and Security
Organisation: Overt Software Solutions Ltd
Location: Worcester / Remote
Application: Email your CV over to email@example.com.
About Overt Software Solutions
Be a part of something big
Overt Software Solutions is an established company founded in 2010. We are based in the UK and provide solutions to businesses and educational institutions all over the world. For more information please click here.
As a company , we feel that our greatest strength is our collaborative and innovative teams who are friendly and supportive of each other, they will do their best to help you reach your potential and to make Overt a great place to work.
As a technical company, we pride ourselves on our unique values of prioritising people! Since day one, our ethos of exceptional service and honest expert advice has been at the heart of everything we do. At Overt we aspire to integrate humanity into all aspects of our technical support services to provide our customers with a personalised experience.
Infrastructure Engineer Job Description
Within this role at Overt, you will be responsible for assisting with maintaining the infrastructure, network and security operations of our organisation. You will be communicating with several departments to ensure they are able to undertake and carry out their job role effectively, along with speaking to customers about any issues escalated from our product support departments.
As our Infrastructure Engineer your regular duties will include but are not limited to:
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Gain sufficient knowledge in Overt Software's products.
- Ensure IT organisational best practices, standards and guidelines are followed and to be kept up to date via training and APDR (Annual Personal Development Review).
- Ensure customers receive superior service through availability of our existing infrastructure.
- Collaborate with the sales, finance, success, and engineering teams to assist with their departmental objectives.
- Leverage feedback for continuous improvement to the overall management and deployment of system and network Infrastructure.
- Develop a deep understanding of operational objectives.
- Listen carefully to information provided by the infrastructure manager and follow instructions as requested.
- Assist with cyber security aspects, ensuring (CIA) confidentiality, integrity and availability of Overt services.
- Proactively monitoring servers through our monitoring platform.
- Assisting and dealing with escalated issues from our support engineers.
- Maintaining IT systems through software updates.
- Helping end-users with issues they experience on local devices.
- Cyber security aspects. Reviewing vulnerability scanning, penetration tests and assisting on overall management of security, ensuring confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Assisting with compliance to various legislation and frameworks we follow.
- Track key metrics so you know what’s working and where to improve.
General company responsibilities:
- To participate in Overt Software Solutions Ltd (Overt) Annual Professional Review Scheme and to undertake all appropriate training and staff development events to ensure continuous professional development.
- To respect the confidential nature of the work and protect personal information in accordance with data protection regulations and policies in place within the business.
- To undertake any other duties appropriate to the level of the post.
- To be responsible for themselves and others in accordance with the Data Protection, Health, and Safety at Work Act and, in the case of all workforces supervised, to be responsible for the supervision of the workforce in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, related legislation, Overt Software Solutions Safety Policy, the support service’s safety policy and operating guidance notes produced by HR Overt Software Solutions Ltd.
If you think that this role sounds right for you, simply email your CV over to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Education: Apprenticeship in IT, computer science or related.
- Experience with Linux (Redhat based and Debian distributions), Windows client and Windows servers.
- Previous experience in supporting end users and clients with issues by troubleshooting systems and networks.
- The ability to speak English.
Desirable Experience and Abilities
- A Degree or equivalent in IT, computer science.
- Linux, Windows or security certifications.
- Experience with Docker.
- Scripting or programming.
- Knowledge of bash, python or php scripting.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- High level of attention to detail and the ability to work calmly under pressure and to deadlines.
- Pro-active, resourceful and inquisitive nature.
- Hold a confident and enthusiastic attitude.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Salary: £18,000 (dependant on experience).
Your Future Prospects
This is an excellent opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer to join a thriving and growing business, in a role that encourages creativity, autonomy and you will be supported in having a progressive career. Our company is continuously growing and opportunities for internal career progression are regularly available.