Moodle Technical Support Engineer
Job Vacancy Details
Job Title: Moodle Technical Support Engineer
Reporting To: VLE Operations Manager
Department: Moodle Department
Organisation: Overt Software Solutions Ltd
Location: Remote - however office attendance is required for training, company meetings and events
Salary: From £25,000.00 per year
Job Type: Full-time (Monday - Friday)
Application: Via Indeed Job listing
Moodle Technical Support Engineer Job Description
As a Moodle Technical Support Engineer at Overt Software Solutions Ltd, you will play a critical role in ensuring the success of our clients by providing technical support and expertise for the Moodle learning management system. You will be responsible for resolving technical issues, assisting with system configurations, and collaborating closely with clients to optimize their Moodle environments. This position requires a deep understanding of Moodle, Linux systems, and outstanding customer service skills.
Your regular duties will include but are not limited to:
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Technical Support: Provide timely and effective technical support to clients using Moodle within the scope of our SLA. Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to Moodle installations, configurations, and usage.
- Customer Interaction: Interact with clients via email, phone, or chat to understand and diagnose technical problems. Maintain a high level of professionalism and customer satisfaction.
- System Configuration: Assist clients in configuring and optimizing their Moodle environments to meet their specific requirements. This includes server setup, database management, and performance tuning.
- Documentation: Create and maintain comprehensive documentation, including knowledge base articles and FAQs, to help clients and team members troubleshoot common issues independently.
- Collaboration: Work closely with other technical support engineers, developers, and product teams to escalate and resolve complex issues. Provide feedback to improve Moodle's usability and performance.
- Training: Offer training sessions and workshops to clients to enhance their understanding of Moodle and its features.
- Monitoring: Implement monitoring tools to proactively identify potential issues and resolve them before they impact users.
- Stay Updated: Keep abreast of the latest Moodle updates, trends, and best practices in online learning to provide expert guidance to clients
General company responsibilities:
- To participate in Overt Software Solutions Ltd (Overt) Annual Professional Review Scheme and to undertake all appropriate training and staff development events to ensure continuous professional development.
- To respect the confidential nature of the work and protect personal information in accordance with data protection regulations and policies in place within the business.
- To undertake any other duties appropriate to the level of the post.
- To be responsible for themselves and others in accordance with the Data Protection, Health, and Safety at Work Act and, in the case of all workforces supervised, to be responsible for the supervision of the workforce in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, related legislation, Overt Software Solutions Safety Policy, the support service’s safety policy and operating guidance notes produced by HR Overt Software Solutions Ltd.
If you think that this role sounds right for you, simply apply via our Indeed job listing
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent work experience). Relevant certifications (e.g., Moodle Certified Administrator) a plus.
Desirable Experience and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of the Moodle learning management system, including installation, configuration, and administration.
- Proficiency in Linux server administration and troubleshooting.
- Previous experience working in an IT support role, ideally within an IT support company.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational, time management and problem-solving abilities.
- High level of attention to detail and the ability to work calmly under pressure and to deadlines.
- Pro-active, resourceful and inquisitive nature.
- Hold a confident and enthusiastic attitude.
- Ability to work remotely.
Your Future Prospects
This is an excellent opportunity for a Moodle engineer to join a thriving and growing business, in a role that encourages creativity, autonomy and you will be supported in having a progressive career. Our company is continuously growing and opportunities for internal career progression are regularly available.
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Annual staff gift voucher scheme
- Company pension
- Pet friendly office with regular four-legged visits
- On-site parking
- Work from home
GET IN TOUCH
We're always on the lookout for talented people, so if the above role doesn't sound right for you, simply email your CV to email@example.com or check out our careers page for more job listings.